Matcha is the fastest growing refreshing summer drink around. In time for 4th of July celebrations, here’s a super simple cocktail recipe, which can be used as a mocktail variation too.
It doesn’t take long to prepare, and you can multiply the recipe depending how many folks you’re celebrating with. Either way, a matcha cocktail can help make up the difference for upcoming Independence Day parties falling short on regular attendance due to the pandemic.
4th of July Drinks: Matcha Cocktail Recipe (Matcha Mocktail option)
Pay special attention to crushing together the lime and mint before finishing the drink. Cheers to officially becoming a matcha bartender:
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
Here's what you'll need:
- 1-2tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder (here’s the perfect quality to choose)
- 3/4cup Warm Water (165 F°)
- 3/4tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2lime to Juice (should produce 1-1/4tbsp)
- 1-2slices of Lime to garnish the cocktail glass
- 2 Mint Leaves (or 3 if using a Ceremonial Grade matcha)
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
Follow theses steps:
- In your cocktail glass, crush mint and fresh lime slices to form the muddled mint/lime juice.
- In a separate preparation cup, sift and whisk matcha with warm water.
- Add maple syrup to the matcha and stir hard until mostly dissolved, then add the mint/lime (hold the separate slices
- Fill cocktail glass with ice serving glass and pour the matcha mixture over the ice.
- Stir to bring the lime/mint up from the bottom of the cocktail glass.
- Leave as is, or add 1 shot of your choice of spirits