It's that time of year — pumpkin season! So of course we're getting in the mood with some pumpkin matcha recipes.
Our pumpkin spice matcha recipe combines two of our favorite flavors for an antioxidant-packed, naturally sweetened drink that's a perfect choice for fall. This pumpkin spice latte can be made in less than 6 minutes and gives you a boost of energy without the jitters.
Keep reading below for a healthy and easy pumpkin spice matcha latte recipe.
This easy and delicious matcha pumpkin latte recipe happily trades those conventional black coffee beans for the more vibrant, emerald green matcha powder.
If you're ready to make the switch from coffee to matcha, but don't want it to give up your favorite drinks, you're in luck! Many café style drinks can be prepared with matcha; which may be a healthier alternative too!
Here’s are just a few examples to get you started:
Types of Matcha Drinks
- Matcha Americano
- Matcha Frappe
- Matcha Macchiato
- Matcha Cappuccino
- Iced Matcha Lattes
- Iced Matcha Cold Brew
Nevertheless – as we move into the holiday season it’s only fair that this spiced matcha pumpkin latte gets the love it deserves. Ready to give it a try?
Spiced Pumpkin Latte with Matcha | At-home Recipe
Spices are rich sources of antioxidants and might enhance matcha's health benefits. The pumpkin puree also adds a boost of vitamin A and fiber.
If you're plant based, you can also try making this with homemade cashew milk (bonus recipe below).
The best part of learning how to make matcha at home is that you can skip out on Starbucks ® or Dunkin Donuts ®; these coffee chains tend to use matcha that is pre-sweetened with added sugar so as to hide their bitter, lower-quality matcha.
- 1 tsp Matcha Latte Powder
- 1/4 cup hot water (~175F)
- 1 cup cashew milk (optional homemade, recipe below) or your milk or choice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp blended pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp pumpkin puree (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg & cinnamon to taste
DIRECTIONS | Time: 6 minutes
- Sift matcha powder into a bowl or cup.
- Heat water to a simmer in a pan, let sit for about 15-20 seconds.
- Pour hot water into your bowl and begin whisking (try bamboo whisk or electric milk frother) until you see a layer of foam. Set aside.
- In a pan or shallow pot, combine the rest of your ingredients (milk, vanilla, spices, pumpkin puree) and mix. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly.
- Use whisk or frother to froth the milk mixture until a soft foam is achieved; alternatively use a blender.
- Pour mixture slowly over the matcha.
- Finish by adding a dash of pumpkin spice to taste (or extra matcha).
*Bonus* Homemade Cashew Milk - Recipe for Pumpkin Matcha Latte
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of salt & cinnamon (recommended)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract (recommended)
Directions | Prep: 6 min total
Place cashews in a large bowl and add water. Let sit at least 4 hours (may also leave overnight), drain the water and blend with 1½ cups of fresh water; while blending, add the rest of your ingredients.
Once blended smooth, strain with cheesecloth or fine mesh. Use right away in your Spiced Matcha Pumpkin Latte – or place air-tight in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Matcha for the Holidays | Matcha Lattes, Matcha Love
Even if you’re not looking for an alternative to traditional coffee lattes, we still have you covered with our yummy matcha recipes and other greats takes on conventional café style preparations – especially those limited-time holiday drinks. Now you can have them all year long!
We like to think the Pumpkin Matcha Latte is a tasty example of how versatile (and healthy!) matcha can be.