It’s fall season once again, and that means we can have as much pumpkin spice as we want! Who doesn’t love an amazing pumpkin spice latte in the middle of fall season? But we’ll raise you one better, and add in some matcha tea to spice it up even more. Introducing our fall drink: Pumpkin Spice Maple Matcha Latte!
Pumpkin spice and matcha green tea
You might not conventionally think that pumpkin spice and matcha powder could pair well together, but fortunately for all of us fall girlies, they make the perfect match(a)! When I first tried making an iced pumpkin spice matcha latte, I was a bit hesitant as to how it would taste. But when I took the first sip, I couldn’t stop drinking it!
With the sweet, nutty, spice of the pumpkin spice and the earthy, umami flavor of the matcha green tea, these flavors balanced out, without anything overpowering another. The matcha gave the pumpkin spice a calmer tasting note that made it sooo easy to drink!
With all the being said, we wanted to play around with this drink a bit more, so we decided to add in some maple syrup and top it all of with a sweet cream cold foam. And this is the recipe we came up with. It's perfectly smooth, sweet, and earthy, with an added touch of lightness.
Pumpkin Spice Maple Matcha Latte Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Maple Matcha Latte Base Ingredients:
- 2 tsp matcha powder from matcha.com
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
Sweet Cream Cold Foam Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin puree (optional)
Pumpkin Spice Maple Matcha Latte Directions:
- Sift matcha powder in a tea bowl. Add in the pumpkin spice, and then pour hot water, and whisk.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and maple syrup, and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl or cup, froth together heavy cream, milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree.
- Pour the matcha base mixture in a glass cup, and add ice and milk. Add in the sweet cream cold foam, and finish with a dash of ground cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
More matcha.com recommendations
Now if you’re looking for more flavors that blend well with our high quality matcha, you can try out the recipes below too. Trust us, they make all the sense in the world once you get that first sip!
- Iced Matcha Chai Latte with Matcha Cold Foam
- Starbucks Strawberry Matcha Pink Drink
- Protein-packed Chocolate Matcha Smoothie
- Iced Hibiscus Matcha Latte