This decadent chocolate matcha latte is perfect for any season and will have you swooning. Matcha green tea and chocolate just simply work and this creamy, perfectly sweet latte is no exception. We’ve used our chocolate matcha powder and added in just a touch of unsweetened cocoa powder for the perfect cozy drink.
Do chocolate and matcha go together?
This chocolate matcha latte is for everyone. Chocolate and matcha are a match made in heaven in terms of taste and health benefits.
Matcha is a type of powdered green tea that is rich in antioxidants. It contains a catechin called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is known for its potential health benefits. EGCG has been linked to various benefits, including boosting metabolism, supporting brain health, and reducing the risk of certain diseases.
On the other hand, chocolate (we used unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe) is also packed with antioxidants, and contains compounds that may help boost your mood too. Best of all, this ingredient is low in calories, making it a healthier chocolate option, without the any added sugar.
When combined, matcha and chocolate create a harmonious blend of flavors. The bitterness of matcha balances the sweetness of chocolate, creating a unique and satisfying taste. Not only do chocolate and matcha taste great together, but they also offer a delightful and potentially beneficial combination for your overall well-being.
Easy to make chocolate green matcha powder latte
This chocolate latte is easy to make at home and, in our humble opinion, tastes worlds better than anything you’ll get out. If you prefer dairy or milk alternatives, you can tailor it to your taste, adjusting the sweetness to your liking.
Whether you’re sipping this chocolate matcha latte on a chill morning or as a cozy evening indulgence, this recipe is sure to become a favorite. Get ready to savor the blend of chocolate and matcha in every sip, making it a delightful treat for truly any occasion.
Chocolate matcha latte recipe
Chocolate matcha latte ingredients:
1 teaspoon matcha.com chocolate matcha powder
½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons hot water (heated to ~170-180°)
12 ounces non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Chocolate matcha latte directions:
- Sift matcha into a small bowl or mug, then add cocoa powder. Add 2 tbsp of hot water and using an electric whisk or bamboo whisk, mix until matcha fully dissolved and small bubbles begin to appear.
- Add maple syrup to milk. Heat milk either in the microwave or in a small sauce pan of medium heat. If you have an electric whisk or milk frother, froth milk.
- Add milk to your matcha mixture.
- Optional: sprinkle with matcha powder and/or cocoa powder.
More matcha.com recommendations
If you love the chocolate and matcha tea pairing just as much as we do, try recreating our other chocolate matcha drink and food recipes in your own kitchen.
- Protein-packed Chocolate Matcha Smoothie Recipe
- Vegan Mint Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe by Avocado Skillet
- Plant-based and Dairy-free Vegan Chocolate Matcha Almond Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- Homemade Vegan Matcha Twix Bar Recipe
- Matcha Nama Chocolate Recipe
We all know by now that matcha and chocolate go well together, but matcha truthfully pairs well with so many flavors and ingredients. Check out what other flavors matcha pairs well with to create amazing dishes and drinks!