If you struggle with anxiety, then you should definitely consider making the switch from coffee to matcha. And with this strawberry iced matcha latte recipe, it's never been a more accessible and delicious switcheroo.
It can be difficult to officially cut ties with coffee – but let us tell you, you will be matcha happier and then never look back.
THIS STRAWBERRY ICED MATCHA LATTE IS
- Foolproof and super easy to make - it can be made using a Vitamix or whatever blender you have in your kitchen arsenal.
- It's healthy, low-calorie, and free of any additives.
- Oh, and did we mention it's a powerhouse of antioxidants and a fantastic addition to an anti-inflammatory diet plan?
- A perfect energizing pick-me-up for breastfeeding and expecting mothers.
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED TO MAKE A BLENDED STRAWBERRY MATCHA LATTE?
- Strawberries (Frozen or fresh)
- vegan milk (You can opt for soy, oat, or almond - all work well!)
- Filtered water
- Ceremonial-grade Matcha powder (Shop our favorite one for this recipe here)
- Ice cubes (These are key to a smooth and refreshing consistency!)
What's the best type of matcha powder to use?
Any good matcha latte comes down to using a high-quality ceremonial-grade matcha. Ceremonial-grade matcha is not bitter or fishy. Instead, quality matcha has a rich, smooth taste and is beautifully vibrant in its green color. Kristi'sKristi's favorite for this recipe is our Matcha Kari morning ritual matcha. It'sIt's organic and simply one of the best matcha powders to enjoy on ice.
INGREDIENTS AND PORTIONS TO MAKE ONE ICED STRAWBERRY MATCHA LATTE:
- 2 strawberries
- ¼ cup vegan milk (I like pistachio)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp matcha
1-STEP DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING YOUR STRAWBERRY MATCHA LATTE?
Just take your ingredients listed above and blend it, baby! All you have to do is add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Then, pour over ice and enjoy.
The bottom line - Matcha is very healthy for you and the perfect addition to any meal plan.
Matcha powder is an absolute superfood that is packed with antioxidants and has a long list of health benefits. It is also one of the best natural sources of EGCG – linked to cancer-fighting properties. It also has the healthful compound amino acid known as l-theanine – which helps mitigate any of the jitters from the caffeine and allows you to enjoy focused yet relaxed energy for 6-8 hours.
You may also like making:
Check out more of our savory and sweet recipes using matcha
This recipe is By Kristi from Avocado Skillet.
This strawberry iced matcha latte recipe is from our collaborator, Kristi, the founder of Avocado Skillet – where you can find countless delicious, easy, and unique healthy plant-based recipes. Whenever Kristi throws matcha into the mix of any recipe, she always opts for Matcha Kari matcha. So we wanted to share the love back with her by featuring some of her amazing recipes here with you!
One of Kristi's favorite ways to enjoy drinking matcha to get a nice, focused, smooth energy without any of the added coffee jitters is on ice – with strawberries.