How to make a Matcha Latte? Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Have you been wondering how to make a Matcha Latte? An ice cold matcha latte is one of the most refreshing experiences imaginable. In fact, preparing the matcha powder in a cold way can actually allow more of the naturally sweet flavors to be enjoyed with every sip.
Here we’ll show you how to skip the cafe drive-thru and the high price that you’re used to seeing. Just follow along for this simple Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe.
Oh! And trust us, it’ll be more delicious than your common chain cafes, not to mention home-made means control over the type of milk, and how sweet you make it.
- No hidden sugar or any other surprises, and a fraction of the price!
Iced Matcha Latte Recipe: How to get Started
One of the biggest things to keep in mind, especially when making an ice matcha latte, is that you’ll have to be careful of clumps. Matcha clumps up naturally because of the static electricity and the super fine particle size.
It’s an honest indicator of high quality, albeit not the only one. This effect is most prominent in an iced latte as the cold temperature keeps the powder from dissolving as well as hot water might.
Of course the clumps won’t hurt you, it’s just not the preferred texture per se. Instead you can be sure to achieve a uniform matcha powder without clumps by choosing to sift your powder before preparing the iced matcha latte.
It’s also worth double checking that you’ve selected a high quality latte matcha, such as our Barista Matcha options, specially crafted in Uji, Japan for daily drinking and lattes of all types.
- You can also step it up a notch with super premium Ceremonial Grade Matcha, but is not required.
- Choosing an authentic source and highest quality of matcha you can afford will ensure your iced matcha latte is the very best it can be.
Savory, sweet and all, without that bitterness from low-quality matcha hidden under the sweetener at your local chain cafe.
Choosing an Iced Matcha Latte Powder
Here’s a helpful color-guide to choosing matcha tea. Plus it’s like two-birds with one-stone, as you get all the matcha latte benefits and incredible matcha latte flavors that this ancient tea can offer, all by selecting a premium quality.
Ok and not to delay any further… here it is:
Best Matcha Latte, Iced | Matcha Latte Ingredients
Time to Make: 3min
- 5 oz non-Dairy Milk of choice
- 1oz filtered water
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup (optional)
- Ice Cubes as needed
Iced Matcha Latte Recipe | Matcha Latte Healthy Directions
- In your Latte Tumbler, mix the matcha green tea powder with the filtered water – just enough to form a paste at the bottom.
- Use an Electric Frother to ensure all matcha is fully dissolved, like a thick syrup almost.
- Add non-Dairy milk, and sweetener if any. Move Electric Frother closer to the middle of the latte to create the right blending motion.
- Add Ice Cubes one-by-one to help the latte reach the brim of your Latte Tumbler for easy sipping.
- Kick back and enjoy!
Verdict: Matcha Latte Taste Test
Iced Matcha Latte benefits the mind, body, and soul. The kick of zen energy from matcha will enliven the most stir-crazed of spirits, and the potent antioxidants will keep health moving in the right direction during rough times.
Ultimately, this iced matcha latte recipe is empowering because it can be enjoyed whether daily, or every now and then. Remember, to get it right it does help to have the right tools.
Checkout all Matcha Tools if you need to see a helpful utensil or beautiful ceramic tumbler to help you prepare an iced matcha latte the right way!
-Team Matcha Kari