We’ve been playing around more in our Matcha Kari kitchen with our newest product in collaboration with Blue Lotus—our Matcha Masala Chai. With chai having origins in the Eastern part of the world, we wanted to add in another favorite Asian flavor into the mix. Boba tea is such a fun drink to sip on, and adding that in with matcha chai latte pretty much seems like a no-brainer.
Our Iced Matcha Chai Boba Tea has the perfect blend of sweetness and earthiness, with a hint of spice from the chai. Sipping on the boba pearls—or the bubbles as some people like to call it—gives this refreshing beverage a funner aspect and an added texture that makes it all the more unique.
Our Matcha Masala Chai is Dr. Weil-approved! By using only the finest and highest quality of Japanese matcha green tea powder, and the purest and most traditional chai spices, this product is definitely the best of both worlds. On top of that, you’re getting the healthful benefits of both ingredients. Matcha gives you a calming energy boost, and is loaded with antioxidants, while chai helps in supporting wellness and digestion.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. There’s nothing better than creating a drink that’s good and good for you!
Matcha Chai Boba Tea Ingredients:
1 1/2 tsp Matcha Chai
1/4 cup hot water
2/3 cup dairy-free milk
1/2 cup boba tapioca pearls
1/2 cup brown sugar
Matcha Chai Boba Tea Recipe:
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and add the tapioca pearls. Cook for 30 minutes on high heat, and strain in running water to remove the excess starch.
- Melt brown sugar in a clean sauce pan, and add in the tapioca pearls. Cook for 2 more minutes, then remove from the heat. Let cool.
- Sift matcha chai in a tea bowl, and add hot water. Whisk until frothy.
- In a glass cup, add the brown sugar tapioca pearls, ice, milk, and matcha chai.
Matcha Tips and Links
- Even if this recipe is already vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. You can try your hand at making this an even healthier drink. Switch out the boba pearls for chia pudding. You’ll still get the amazing flavor of an iced matcha chai latte, and a different yet still fun flavor and texture from the chia pudding.
- If you’re looking for more fun matcha drinks to blend or more matcha chai recipes to bake, you can check out these recipes:
- It’s always good to know the full health benefits of matcha and chai, read up more on those here:
Creating this Iced Matcha Chai Boba Tea is fun, easy, and worth it!!